As the first established international school on the island, we offer the British Early Years Curriculum, International Primary Curriculum (IPC), the International Middle Years Curriculum (IMYC), Cambridge International Examinations (CIE) IGCSE and A levels.
International School of Zanzibar is proud to deliver a truly international education experience to its community. Our curricula and learning philosophy allow students to think with an international or global perspective through connecting them with different societies and belief systems which will help them understand and embrace cultural differences and similarities.
We offer a comprehensive approach to education that intentionally prepares students to be active and engaged participants in an interconnected world. We recognize the diversity of our community to be our greatest strength, and the rich local culture of Zanzibar as our greatest resource!
ISZ applies recognized benchmarks and criteria such as:
- Developing citizens of the world in relation to culture, language and learning to live together in peace and harmony;
- Building and reinforcing students’ sense of identity and cultural awareness;
- Fostering students’ recognition and development of universal human values;
- Stimulating curiosity and inquiry in order to foster a spirit of discovery and enjoyment of learning;
- Equipping students with the skills to learn and acquire knowledge, individually or collaboratively, and to apply these skills and knowledge accordingly across a broad range of areas;
- Providing international content while responding to local requirements and interests;
- Encouraging diversity and flexibility in teaching methods;
- Providing appropriate forms of assessment and international benchmarking.
We offer a wide range of extracurricular activities to make sure our students are challenged as they grow with us over the years. We provide opportunities that inspire students to discover their talents, pursue their passions, and have a positive impact on their communities.